This month, former Co-Directors Charlie Costanzo and Rich McMillen passed along their roles to the immensely capable Marieke Jackson and Michael Chow in order to assume new positions as Senior Advisors and elsewhere in Civic Tech.
For Charlie, this means running for a seat on the Brigade Network’s National Advisory Council. The Council works to build relationships between Code for America and its volunteer brigades of civic hackers operating in their home towns - as well as between brigades themselves.
- If you’ve attended a Brigade event in the past year - you are eligible to vote
- Elections for the open seats take place January 28th - February 13th 2020 (extended!)
- All Code for Philly brigade members can cast a vote for the Northeast Regional NAC seat that Charlie is running for
- Charlie’s competition for the Northeast seat are members of the Baltimore, Boston, DC, and Burlington brigades
- This seat is being vacated by Philly’s Dawn McDougall
- An alumni of Code for Philly has continuously served on the NAC since Philly’s Chris Alfano was a founding at-large representative
- Hometown get-out-the-vote is the key to winning a seat, so let’s remind the world that Philly is the stronghold of civic innovations!
If you appreciate Charlie’s contributions to Code for Philly and the Civic Tech community, you can vote here and read about all the candidates here.
Log in to post a comment.