A mobile web app by OpenPlans to support the outreach work of the PhillyRising collaborative. PhillyRising targets neighborhoods throughout Philadelphia that are plagued by chronic crime and quality of life concerns, and establishes partnerships with community members to address these issues. The PhillyRising Team coordinates the actions of City agencies to help neighbors realize their vision for their community through sustainable, responsive, and cost-effective solutions. Read more at phila.gov/phillyrising.
In the spirit of free software, everyone is encouraged to help improve this project.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by taking a look at our pipeline on Github: https://github.com/openplans/myphillyrising/issues
- by using alpha, beta, and prerelease versions at http://www.myphillyrising.org/
- by reporting bugs
- by suggesting new features
- by writing or editing documentation
- by writing code (no patch is too small: fix typos, add comments, clean up inconsistent whitespace)
- by resolving issues
- by reviewing patches
Do the usual:
pip install -r requirements.txt
cp local_settings.py.template local_settings.py
Do the bower install in both the
Load the neighborhoods and tags:
./manage.py loaddata fixtures/phillyrising_neighborhoods.json
Load some content items:
./manage.py runserver # Run this in one terminal
./manage.py celeryd # Run this in another terminal
http://localhost:8000/admin and add a feed or two. Click the Refresh button next to each feed to import the data. Give it a minute (you should see database activity scrolling by in your
celeryd terminal as the content items are loading).